Thursday 18 October 2012

The Corpse Bride by Mya

At home I made a doll of a character from my favourite film. 
I made this doll at home with my mum. She helped me with embroidering the face. I've been making this every weekend for a few weeks now and she's still not quite finished!I am planning to make one arm and one leg look like a bone (like in the film).
I did her dress, hair, part of her face (mum did the rest) and her veil by hand.
Her name is Emily. The film is about a corpse bride who was killed on her wedding day and decided she would be buried under the oak tree. A man called Victor was practising his vows in a wood and put a ring on a branch of the oak tree and awakens Emily...
It is a film by Tim Burton and I recommend it to everyone!As you can see I love to sew and I will be making more dolls in the future! 



10 comments:

  1. You are very talented at making things Mya and your doll is fantastic! It is even better when you look at the detail up close. I know that everyone in the class is in awe of your skills at making things and sewing.
    We all can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    Well done!
    Mrs P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mya that is fantastic! I think maybe we need to hire you as an art teacher... Looking forwards to seeing what you come up with next!
    Mr K :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to make 'The Little Mermaid' next-she may be quite challenging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even seen a sowing machine - never mined making things from it!

      Delete
  4. Wow Mya you should go into business! Fantastic doll well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mya
    your doll is amazing i love the way you made her dress and veil its so pretty i cant wait to see the little mermaid one i bet it will be fantastic good luck with that one it will proberly be really challeging

    from Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Isaac yes you have my one anyway extremely good your mum runs a bisnus called my art and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren W from maple20 November 2012 at 16:31

    Wow Mya,
    I loved the doll and the veil it is really good how long did it take you ? because I am really looking foward for the little mermaid.It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!Mya,

    I like this doll and it looks so real well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mya
    This work is fantastic I wish I could do things like this,art is my best subject it is the one I love the best. You should feel realy good.
    WELL DONE Mya.
    From Kenzie
    Why not come and visit us at
    www.6d2012.highlawnprimary.net

    Why not come and visit us at

    ReplyDelete